Visas for China
Consular Processing Information
U.S. Passport Holders:
- Passports must be valid for at least 18 months or more. The consulate reserves the right to deny visas to passports that are valid for less than 18 months.
U.S. and Non-U.S. Passport Holders:
- Passports must have at least 2 blank “visa” pages. Endorsement pages in the back do not count.
- Passports must be signed – visas will not be issued to unsigned passports.
- Valid and Signed Passport
- Unsigned passports will be returned to the traveler, thus will delay visa processing.
- U.S. Passports must be valid for at least 18 months or more. Non-US. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Completed VP2Go Visa Order Form. You may complete the form by selecting the desired visa type within the visa fee chart below.
- Two (2) Passport Quality Photo
- Cannot be the same photo as in passport
- Photo must be taken against a pure WHITE background. Photos displaying non-white background are subject to consular scrutiny.
- The applicant is required to present a frontal view to the camera with the entire head and face clearly visible
- No harsh shadows on face. Facial features must be clearly visible.
- Must have been taken within the last 6 months
- Must be printed on photo paper. Standard printer paper is not acceptable.
- Must be a high quality photo. Photos that are too pixilated or blurry will not be accepted
- Color Copy of Your Valid Driver's License
- Copy of your airline ticket, travel agent itinerary, or e-ticket confirmation
- Traveler’s name must be listed
- Itinerary must show
- departure from United States
- entry into China
- exit from China
- Copy of Hotel Confirmation OR (Tourist Visa Applicants only) Letter of Invitation from Inviter in China + Inviter’s resident ID/Visa
- Traveler’s full name must be listed
- If providing a letter of invitation, letter must include the following.
- Addressed to the “Consulate of The People’s Republic of China”
- Host’s complete name
- Host’s address in China
- Host’s phone number
- Confirmation that traveler will be residing with the host
- Financial Guarantee
- Letter must be signed by host
- Completed China Visa Application Form
- Application form must be typed. Handwritten forms are not acceptable.
- If you are unable to type your form VP2Go can re-type it for an additional $15.00. Please complete the form by hand and submit with the rest of the listed materials.
- Click HERE for visa application form
- Non-US Passport Holders only:
- Colored Copy of your valid U.S. Visa or Green card
- Provide a letter addressed to “The Consulate of The People’s Republic of China” confirming that you reside in the United States. Must include the following:
- Confirmation of US Residency
- Complete US Address
- Must be signed by applicant
- Self-Employed Applicants: The Chinese consulate requires a letter of explaination if you are self employed. Please see the letter's requirements below.
- Letter must be addressed to the "Embassy of P.R. China, Consular Section, United States"
- Must include traveler's full name as in their passport
- Explaination of applicant's work and exactly what they do
- Signed by traveler.
- Previous Chinese Citizens Only:
- Most previous Chinese Passport
- Completed Passport Statement Form
- Colored Copy of U.S. Naturalization Certificate
- Previous Chinese Visa(s):
- If your previous Chinese visa is in another or expired passport please also send that passport.
Conference (Non-Business F-type): For travelers participating in a conference, seminar, lecture, workshop, or similar activities. In addition to items 1-11 above, please send:
- Letter of Invitation from the organization in China. Invitation letter must bear the official stamp of the inviting organization/university/company.
- Travelers visiting China for workshops, conferences, lectures, symposiums, seminars conventions, and anything of similar nature, will be issued a Non-Business visa.
- This visa is typically valid for 3 months/single entry. Longer validity may be issued at the discretion of consulate.
Business Visa: For travelers who are participating in business meetings and discussions only. In addition to items 1-11 above, please send:
Please Note: Conferences, seminars, lectures, workshops, and activities as such are NOT allowed on a business visa. Please apply for a Conference (Non-Business) visa if traveling for the aformentioned purposes.
- Letter of Invitation from inviting organization in China. (Please note: Letter of Invitation is still required if visiting the Chinese branch of your organization) MUST BEAR COMPANY'S OFFICIAL STAMP AND AUTHORIZED SIGNATURE
Letter of Guarantee from your company/employer in the United States. (Pleaset note: Letter of Guarantee is still required if visiting the Chinese branch of your organization)
Requirements for Invitation and US Company Letters
- Must be on company letterhead
- Both letters must be addressed to “Consulate of The People’s Republic China
- Traveler’s full name must be included. Missing middle names may result in rejection of visa request.
- Purpose of travel: "To attend business meetings and discussions only"
- Contact person in China and their contact information
- Financial Guarantee
- Can be signed by any official within the company, except the traveler
Student Visas: For travelers who have been accepted and enrolled in a school in China. In addition to items 1-11 above, please send:
- Official letter of acceptance/enrollment from the university in China
Minors (17 years old or younger)
- In addition to items 1-11 above, please also send the following.
- If the applicant is younger than 18 years old the application must be signed by a parent and/or guardian.
- Letter of consent addressed to “The Consulate of The People’s Republic of China”. Letter must be signed by both parents.
- If either parent is currently a Chinese national they must provide a colored copy of their valid U.S. Green card or U.S. Visa.
- Copy of both parent’s passport photo page
- Copy of both parent’s valid driver’s licenses
- Colored copy of minor’s birth certificate.
- IF biological parents are not the legal guardians please provide copy of official court order or legal document stating who the minor’s legal guardians are.
- Additional information may be requested by the consulate in addition to what is listed above
Please Select the State of Residence based on your Driver's License from the dropdown list below. Jurisdiction Fee's are not applicable to all the states.
You can select your prefered service from the table below, make sure you include which state you are residing and select it from the dropdown list from step 1.
China Visa Fees
|Country||Visa type||VP2Go pricing||Consular fee||Description||Item price||
|China||Tourist||85.00||140.00||10 Year / 60 day stay / 10 days processing||225.00||SELECT
|China||Tourist||95.00||160.00||10 Year / 60 day stay / 7 days processing||255.00||SELECT
|China||Tourist||145.00||160.00||10 Year / 60 day stay / 5 days processing||305.00||SELECT
|China||Business||85.00||140.00||10 Year / 60 day stay / 10 days processing||225.00||SELECT
|China||Business||95.00||160.00||10 Year / 60 day stay / 7 days processing||255.00||SELECT
|China||Business||145.00||160.00||10 Year / 60 day stay / 5 days processing||305.00||SELECT
|China||Work Permit||85.00||140.00||10 Year / 60 day stay / 10 days processing||225.00||SELECT
|China||Work Permit||95.00||160.00||Visa Validity Will Vary / 7 days processing||255.00||SELECT
|China||Student||85.00||140.00||10 Year / 60 day stay / 10 days processing||225.00||SELECT
|China||Student||95.00||160.00||Visa Validity Will Vary / 7 days processing||255.00||SELECT
|China||Conference||85.00||140.00||3-12 months / Single, Double, or Multiple Entry / 10 days processing||225.00||SELECT
|China||Conference||95.00||160.00||3-12 months / Single, Double, or Multiple Entry / 7 days processing||255.00||SELECT
|China||Conference||145.00||160.00||3-12 months / Single, Double, or Multiple Entry / 5 days processing||305.00||SELECT
Gather all necessary documents and requirements then just send everything to us and we handle the rest of the process.
Additional Fees (if applicable)
- Out-of-Jurisdiction Fee..........................................................................................................$60.00
- For travelers who reside outside the DC jursdiction
- Online Application Handling (Optional) .................................................................................$15.00
- VP2Go can complete the online form if you choose to complete the PDF/Handwrite version of the form
Additional Visa/Consular Processing Information
- The validity of a conference visa, and allowed number of entries, is dependant upon your invitation letter. Please be sure that 2.2 "Indended Number of Entries" on the visa application form matches what is stated on your invitation letter.
- Travelers who have visited Turkey previously may be requested by the consulate to provide a letter explaining the purpose of that trip. VP2Go will notify you immediately if so.
- At this time the 10-year multiple entry business/tourist visas are only available to U.S. passport holders. Non-U.S. Passport holders may obtain 3-month / 6-month / or 1-year visas (Residents of the DC Jurisdiction are eligible for only the 3-month and 6-month visas).
If you have any questions, please email
or call us at 1-800-598-7240
Visas & Passports 2 Go, Inc.
4400 MacArthur Blvd NW
Washington DC, 20007
Please Note: You will need Adobe Reader to open our fillable order forms. The latest version of Adobe Reader is available for free: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
China Instruction Guide
China Visa Application Form
China Supplemental Form