- Jurisdiction Fee (applicants who reside outside the Washington DC jurisdiction)............... $60.00
Which Consulate Will Process Your Visa?
- Before you begin please confirm your jurisdiction. An additional jurisdiction fee will apply if you live in a state that is not a part of the Washington DC jurisdiction. All regular visa requests must be sent to the VP2GO Washington DC office regardless of jurisdiction.
If you are a resident of:
DC, VA, WV, MD, DE, KY, NC, & Bermuda ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ WASHINGTON DC
CT, ME, MA, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ NEW YORK NY
IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, ND, SD, WI ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐-- CHICAGO, IL
AR, KS, LO, OK, TX, NM, CO & NE ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ HOUSTON, TX
AK, AZ, CA, GUAM, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY ‐‐‐‐‐ SAN FRANCISCO, CA
AL, FL, GA, MS, Puerto Rico, SC, TN & Virgin Islands ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ ATLANTA, GA
Visa Processing / Consular Updates
- CONSULAR UPDATE: EFFECTIVE 6/18/2018 - TOTAL CONSULAR FEE ABOVE IS $221:
- BUSINESS AND TOURIST VISA FEES FOR U.S. NATIONALS ARE NOW $160.00 IRRESPECTIVE OF THE NUMBER OF DESIRED ENTRIES REQUESTED/GRANTED.
- CKGS CHARGES $61.00 FOR ACCEPTANCE OF THE APPLICATION AND SHIPPING FEES
- CONSULAR UPDATE: EFFECTIVE 7/1/2017 - PASSPORTS WILL BE RETURNED DIRECTLY TO THE TRAVELER'S HOME ADDRESS AS LISTED ON THEIR PROVIDED PROOF OF ADDRESS (DRIVER'S LICENSE / UTILITY BILL / LEASE) AS PER INDIAN CONSULAR POLICY....NO EXCEPTIONS!
- If the traveler is requesting 2 or more visas VP2Go will process the Indian visa request last to ensure the passport is not shipped prior to other visas being issued.
- CKGS will NOT take responsibility for passports that are lost/damaged, therefore neither can we. Please contact the CKGS office of your jurisdiction directly if you do not receive your passport and/or visa.
- Indian eVisas are not subject to the changes above.
- Travelers must double-check their visa upon receipt to ensure all information is accurate. If any discrepancies are discovered please notify VP2Go IMMEDIATELY.
Additional Visa Processing Information
- Missionary/Clergy/Church affiliated travelers: VP2Go has observed that the processing time for travelers who are affiliated with a church/religious organization takes longer than the above processing time. There have been instances where the Indian Consulate has taken 2-3 months to issue a visa. These visas are often of a short validity (1-6 months/single entry) as well. Please plan accordingly as the Indian consulate CAN take longer if they wish.
- Former Indian Nationals must provide their Renunciation Certificate along with their visa requirements. If your certificate has been lost, or you never obtained a certificate, you must work directly with the CKGS office of your jurisdiction directly.
- Pakistan passport holders/Persons of Pakistan origin: Travelers who hold a Pakistan passport, or are children and/or grandchildren of current or former Pakistan nationals, must apply in‐person at CKGS office of your jurisdiction.
- Chinese Passport Numbers Starting With The letter “E”: Those who hold a Chinese passport whose passport number begins with the letter "E" cannot apply for a regular Indian Visa in the United States. The Indian consulate requires you to apply for your Indian visa in China. Alternately, you may apply for an eVisa.